The early humans did not just journey through Earth’s worlds. The spirit of each world captivated their imaginations as they revisioned their lives in terms of that place. They absorbed every color and sound into their life and soul. (Swimme & Tucker Journey of the Universe 2011 p93) My first and very recent experience of Uluru and Kata Tjuta was a moving example of the power of Earth’s bioregions to shape her inhabitants. To enter the presence of these magnificent rock forms, to be held in thrall at the emanation of spirit, to touch and taste the sacred landscape is a privilege not held lightly. It brings with it a challenge to allow the spirit of my local ecosystem to reveal its depths and sharpen my awareness of who and where I am within this sacred Earth.
We seek to learn new ways
September of each year celebrates biodiversity month, a time when many Australians celebrate the country’s unique biological diversity. For further information and suggested action: http://www.environment.gov.au/biodiversity/month.html
We are being called into a new place
- ENVIRONMENTAL FILM FESTIVAL: 4-9 September Contact: email@example.com Details: http://effm.org.au/index
- Radio Play and Public Forum “Turning the Titanic” is a radio play allegory keenly exposing climate change denial in Australia through a re-enactment of the Titanic tragedy. Northcote Town Hall, Studio 1, 189 High St Northcote. 7.30pm, entry by donation. Brought to you by Darebin Climate Action Network and A GRAND STAND for the Environment.The discussion will be facilitated by Dr Graeme Pearman, former Chief of Atmospheric Research at CSIRO and Sue Pratt, from Psychology for a Safe Climate. Click here for full details: Turning the Titanic 6 Sep 2012
- SUSTAINABLE HOUSE DAY: Sunday, 9th September Sustainable House Day started in 2001 as an initiative of the Australian Solar Energy Society (AuSES). For details: http://www.sustainablehouseday.com
- WORLD CAR-FREE DAY – take the heat off the planet. Saturday, 22nd September
- Co-evolutionary Spirituality workshop led by Dr Peter Cock and Dr Caresse Cranwell, 27 – 30 September, Moora Moora Cooperative Community Healesville. For details and registration: Coevolutionary Spirituality
Towards Earth Literacy
The Beauty of Pollination: this stunning 4 minute clip has been watched by more than 21 million viewers. To watch, click on the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?